Asthma Action Plans for Schools & Childcare Facilities
Action Plans from the Maryland Asthma Control Program:
Action Plan from Maryland Pedipress:
Action Plans from the National Capital Asthma Coalition (NCAC):
Information & Action Cards
Student Asthma Action Card
An indispensable tool for communicating with school personnel about asthma management plans for school aged children and teens. Includes sections for asthma triggers, daily medications, and emergency directions. Reviewed by the Environmental Protection Agency and the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program.
Child Care Asthma/Allergy Action Card
This card includes necessary information you need to care for the young child with asthma or allergies. The card includes a medication plan, a list of the child’s specific signs and symptoms, and steps on how to handle asthma and allergy emergency situations. Reviewed by the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program and the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network.
QuickAllergy Cards offer a fast way for you to learn life-saving information. “Your EpiPen® – Storage, Usage and Disposal” and “Allergy Emergencies – Is This Anaphylaxis?” are heavy-duty, 5”x7” cards that are ready for you to personalize and tuck in your purse, briefcase or backpack. Order several sets so caregivers, teachers and family members can keep vital information close at hand.
Free QuickAsthma Cards give you a quick reference about tools that can help you better manage asthma. These are heavy-duty, 5”x7” cards that are ready for you to personalize and tuck in your purse, briefcase, or backpack. Order several sets so caregivers and family members can keep vital information close at hand.
- Free “Spacers” Card PDF Download
- Free “Peak Flow” Card PDF Download
- Free “Inhalers” Card PDF Download
- Free “Nebulizers” Card PDF Download
Free QuickReport Cards provide a quick and comprehensive check-list to help ensure a healthy environment for all who have asthma or allergies, whether at home, school or work. These heavy-duty, 5”x7” cards are handy resources for parents, school staff, management, and workers to use.
- Free QuickReport Card – Schools PDF Download
- Free QuickReport Card – Home PDF Download
- Free QuickReport Card – Workplace PDF Download
Reports & Surveys
All of the information below links to external websites and/or documents.
Asthma Fact Sheets:
- EPA Asthma Facts-May 2007 (PDF: 31 KB/2 pages) (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)
- Facts About Childhood Asthma in the U.S. (PDF: 107 KB/2 pages) (NCAC, 2007)
- Childhood Asthma in DC A Snapshot (PDF: 84 KB/1 page) (NCAC, 2007)
Asthma Data Reports:
- Managing Asthma and Allergies in DC Schools: A Comprehensive Resource and Educational Guide (published October 2007; PDF: 5,272 KB/228 pages)
- Asthma Surveillance Data - Adult/Pediatric Data from DC Hospitals (IMPACT DC, “Asthma Surveillance”)
- Asthma in the District of Columbia 2003 data report (PDF: 373 KB/40 pages) (DC Department of Health)
- Healthy People 2010 Plan Mid-Course Revisions asthma objectives (DC Department of Health)
- Asthma FASTSTATS (National Center for Health Statistics)
- Children and Asthma in America - 2004 National Survey & Data Slides (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Asthma in America - 1998 National Survey & Data Slides (GlaxoSmithKline)
Latest News, Articles, and Research:
- Environews by Topic: Asthma (Journal of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences)
- Medline Plus-Asthma (National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health)
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health)
- Google Asthma News
- Google Scholar Articles
- Yahoo Asthma News
Many of the publications available on this web site are Portable Document Format (PDF) files. To view and print these documents, download and install the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software.